Saturday, August 17, 2013

How to jazz up plain phone cases


My neighbor recently gave me some of her old phone cases for my iphone 4s. Most of them were very plain and needed some sprucing up, so I decided to pull out the glitter N glue and turned it into a DIY art project. I love being crafty, so this was right up my ally and has been something I’ve wanted to experiment with for a while now. Basically the inspiration I took for decorating these phone cases was based off of cases I saw on Pinterest and crafty things I had laying around my house. 

The Splatter Effect


For the cool splattered look, I used a couple of nail polishes in summer colors. The phone case ended up being very simple to make, but had a very messy process so I'd recommend setting down a tarp or doing it outside. 

The colors I chose for my case:

Essie /Tart Deco
Revlon /#85 Minted
Essie /To buy or not to buy

Love My Nails /#522 Twilight Mauve


N.Y.C /#114 Taxi Yellow Creme

Love My Nails /#556 White

All you need to do to create the splattered effect, is to dip your brush into the polish then flick it back and forth over the case. Voila! You now have a cute case that all your friends will be jealous of!

Bejeweled

I got the inspiration to create this case from Pinterest. A studded cross cases has been on my wish list for some time now, yet never seemed to be worth the money. Instead of buying a $50 case, I spent $10 dollars on the studs from Hobby Lobby. (If you're also looking for a plain/ clear phone case, you can find them on Amazon for around 2 bucks!)

To attach the studs to the case, I used tacky glue and looked at a photo of the case I was trying to mimic as reference.  

Half way through, I found it easier to spread the glue about the case and then apply the studs instead of applying glue to each stud individually. 



Have you made your own DIY Phone Case? Leave me a link to a photo of it in the comments! I'd love to see what you all come up with! 




1 comment:

  1. These look great
    I will have to try this
    Rachel XX

    http://bubbleblush11.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete